TruSat Help Desk

If you run into any trouble using TruSat, drop your questions here.

1 Like

My attempts to create an account and claim my observations keep failing. I have not received the secret code to allow to log in, and claiming observations returns an error.

1 Like

@cgbsat Hopefully this is working for you now. For others who may have experienced a similar problem, we have (hopefully) resolved issues with our outgoing mail service.

1 Like

When I first came to your site I was prompted to install a cryptowallet. I could not find any information on your site (including the terms of use and privacy statement) on what a crypto wallet is and why I would need/want to install it. Would you please address this and add it to your FAQ?

1 Like

@rwhitney Thanks for pointing out the need to describe that better!

As an FYI, our project is open-source, and we’ve opened an “issue” related to responding to this idea over at https://github.com/consensys-space/trusat-frontend/issues/121

We might ask you to take a look at the proposed update to see if it answers your question.

2 Likes

I made a stab at a Q and A to help address your request.

See https://www.trusat.org/faq and the newly added question

What is the secret that was emailed to me when I created an account?

Is this helpful?

2 Likes

Thanks for spotting this and letting us know! I wanted to make sure this is visible for others while this is being added to the FAQ:

This looks to be a Brave issue that is triggered by any web3 supported website. Due to our website supporting web3 as a form of login, the browser tries to add Crypto Wallets (their recently built-in web3 interface).

Crypto Wallets being installed for Brave are safe to accept but I do not currently know of a solution to block it permanently. Brave goes into more detail on their community page if you are interested in knowing more about it what it is and what it does.

1 Like

Hi, I signed up a few days ago and I remember one of the help docs mentioned that I will be getting some emails or someone will be reaching out with next steps w.r.t the mechanics of being able to track satellites. Just wanted to check if that is indeed the case. thanks

Hi Vikash - Yes, you’ll be receiving an email soon with more information. I’ll check back with you once they’ve been sent out to make sure you’ve received. Thanks for checking in!

1 Like

Can’t log in - not sure if my submissions have gone thru, though they act as if they do.

1 Like

Sorry - I know now you must type in code, no pasting allowed.

Will this work for general public?

1 Like

Yes,
The bot seems to have mis-read my posts as advertising. I am a rookie and a novice at this, and tried to respond to the bot as the automated message advised. Please unlock my post and allow me to continue to learn. I want to be involved and supportive. Thanks, and have a great day (and night…)
Lucky O’

1 Like

Hi lucky o,

Glad to have someone else to join us observing. What equipment do you use, binoculars, camera, stopwatch,?

Do you have a way to get predictions for things to look at?

What questions do you have to get started the next clear night?

1 Like

@hafsnt Hey Brad,

Apologies for the delay. This seems like an unusual issue that I haven’t come across when testing! Couple of questions…

1. Can you confirm for me that the issue is that you cannot paste your “secret” into the login form?
  2. What browser you are using?
  3. Were you eventually able to log in or still having problems?

thanks,
John.

1 Like
  1. Can you confirm for me that the issue is that you cannot paste your “secret” into the login form?
    Correct

2. What browser you are using?
    Google Chrome Version 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)

3. Were you eventually able to log in or still having problems?
    Yes, I just had to manually type in the code (that takes a minute…) I am still logged in, but next time the session times out, I’ll check to be sure you have to type it.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies! I have the same version of Chrome and I cannot replicate the bug. Please do let me know if it happens again and I will dig further into it!

1 Like

I tried to add a new station to show someone how to use TruSat and it locked up on a blank screen.

1 Like

@hafsnt Do you know if this is repeatable or what browser you were using?

Yes it happened on both chrome and Firefox

@hafsnt We’re having trouble reproducing the error. There’s a chance this blank screen was due to a connection issue. When you get a chance, would you mind trying to add a station again and confirming that it’s not showing up on your settings page after hitting submit?